Sunday, November 15, 2009

Want to Figure It Out? Here's a Good Place to Begin.

Thanks to my show, I get a lot of advance copies of books for review. This one has me glued to my seat.

Hoodwinked: It's by a former self-described "Economic Hit Man" who had an epiphany and now talks about how he and others helped create the current financial meltdown.

It's a fascinating education in basic economics, contrasting Keynesian economics, which were the principles of American business pre-Reagan, versus the profit-driven, deregulation-happy economics of Milton Friedman which Reagan and his successors have espoused.

Bottom line, he describes a global economy ruled by major corporations. It's an entirely different take on what's happened in the Middle East than what you'll hear from the media or our politicians. And it rings true.

I'm still reading, looking forward to his ideas for reform but I'm betting it's got something to do with John Maynard Keynes.

Highly recommended.

No comments: